Saturday, May 8, 2010

Pink Foot No Good



Pink foot is cool and i kinda liked it till it cost me my taiwan trip. "pretty in pink" thus became "pity in pink". Sigh! So upset but i should have seen it coming- didn't really feel that my foot is ready yet. Luckily the angels from China Airlines & PYO Travels made cancellations & changes in air tix & hotel arrangements a breeze. So helpful they were & that really made me feel loads better. So disappointed 'cuz i had been looking forward to the trip but now have to stay behind. Felt sorry that i couldn't go with my sis & her fren but I hope they will have a really good trip.

It's now 4 weeks since the foot got casted and I seriously don't know how long more my foot is going to remain pink. Doc says fractures in lower limbs usually take around 3 mths to heal so hopefully, i'll take less than that with reiki. Good thing I'm not one to get bored easily and I'm getting pretty good moving around on crutches so all's good. And believe me, there's no pain at all. Everyone seems pretty alarmed to know that I've got my foot fractured & put in a cast. In fact, serious fractures or hairline cracks alike, doc will just cast the affected part. This is to prevent you from using the fractured limb and allow the bone to heal itself. So how long you take to heal will indicate how long the cast needs to stay on. Does it still sound very serious now?

Anyway, I just hope I can get the cast out soon 'cuz I'm really concerned with my right leg now being SIGNIFICANTLY smaller than my left working leg. HELP! I was damn scared when i saw the difference at the doc the other day while waiting to do a new cast. No joke, too disgusted to remember to take a picture but then again, better not scare people further. So now I know it just takes 2 weeks to lose your muscles and turn flabby when you don't do anything. And another 2 weeks to go all soft....Yucks, i shall not continue further, grossing myself out.

No comments: